Life in Queensland Photography Awards
Terms And Conditions
- The Life in Queensland Photography Awards are open to all residents in Australia.
- All images must have been taken within the Queensland local authority area.
- Entrants are limited to one image per category.
- Entrants must specify on their entry from which category they are entering.
- Entries must be submitted in JPG format. Entrants may submit colour or black and white images.
- Entries must be a minimum file size of 1MB and a maximum file size of 50MB.
- A brief artist statement of up to 30 words is mandatory to describe the submitted image.
- Entrants are permitted to use post processing (e.g. Photoshop and similar software) on images.
- Images must be the original work of the entrant. No third party may enter on behalf of another individual unless a parent entering on behalf of a minor.
- The entrant must have the written, signed and dated permission of any people appearing in the image submitted. The entrant must be able to produce evidence of permission from subject if requested during the judging process.
- Open Category: Photographers of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels are invited to enter their best single images.
- Student & Youth Category: Entrants aged 12-24 are permitted enter into Youth Category, a single image responding to one brief.
- Funny Category: This category for funny or cute photos, and photo captions.
- People’s Choice Awards: Entries submitted to this award are automatically entered into People’s Choice Awards
To be eligible for any category, a photograph must have been shot by the entrant since January 1, 2018.
How to Enter
- All entrants must complete all sections of the online entry form.
- Entries should be submitted online by 5pm 20 May 2018. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Only digital files will be accepted as eligible entries.
- All files must be named: entrant-name_title-of-work (e.g. Andy-Smith_my-home) and be dated.
- Entrants may be required to submit their entry with a higher resolution version for reproduction/exhibition purposes if requested.
- Personal information provided as part of entry will not be disclosed without your consent for any other purpose unless required by law.
- By submitting an entry, the Entrant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
Judging and Prizes
- All entries will be judged by a panel including the selection of the People’s Choice Award finalists, they will consider elements of creativity and originality. There will only be one winner and one runner-up in each category.
- People’s Choice Award finalists will be decided by public popular vote. All other categories will be awarded by the judges. The decision of the judges will be final.
- Every approved entry will be considered for judging.
- Prizes are as stated on the Queensland Asian Weekly website.
- The winner and runner-up will be awarded the prize money.
- Certificate will be awarded to all shortlisted photographers
- Winners for the Open and Tertiary categories and winners for the People’s Choice category will be notified by phone, letter or email by Monday 4 June 2018.
By voting for entries in the People’s Choice Award voters agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Online voting for the People’s Choice Award category opens on Sunday 21 May 2018 and closes at 5pm on Sunday 03 June 2018.
- Voters of the People’s Choice Award are limited to one vote per image, voting is limited to one vote per email address.
- Based on popular vote the image with the most public votes will be deemed the overall winner, one image will be awarded the People’s Choice Award. This winner will be awarded the prize money.
- In the event of a tie when judging the People’s Choice Award, the judging panel of the Open and Tertiary category will have the final vote to determine one winner.
- SCCMC accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible voting forms.
2018 Key dates
- 20 March 2018 – Event Launch & entry open
- 20 May 2018 – Submission Close
- 21 May 2018 – Online voting & Panel of Judging
- 3 to 9 June 2018 – Queensland Day Awards Presentation
- TBC – Exhibitions
- The online gallery on Queensland Asian Business Weekly website will display approved images.
- Entrants whose images are selected for the exhibition will be notified by phone, letter or email by Monday 4 June 2018.
- We reserves the right to refuse display of any entry deemed unsuitable for public exhibition. This includes material that contains swearing, nudity, racist, sexist or political comment, political satire or political criticism or may otherwise be potentially embarrassing to public.
Copyright and Moral Rights
- Upon submission of an entry to the Life in Queensland Photography Awards, you, as the owner of the image grant St. George Chinese Community Memorial Committee (SCCMC) the right to:
- Maintain a copy of the image for archival purposes;
- Enlarge and adapt the image in the event of winning in order to fit the large scale format of the exhibition;
- Publish on website and social media platforms;
- Use the image for promotional and publicity purposes relating to the Life in Queensland Photography Awards; and
- Display the image in public spaces for the duration of the Life in Queensland Photography Awards exhibition; and
- Allow the image to be reproduced and/or exhibited by SCCMC and its subsidiaries and related companies. This consent is perpetual, non exclusive transferable and royalty free.
- You warrant that you are the owner of all copyright of the artwork or have obtained all necessary approvals to permit the submission of the image to the Awards.
- While you retain copyright of the image, you grant permission for the image to be used for promotional and publicity purposes relating to the Life in Queensland Photography Awards and for the image to be promoted through social media sites.
- While SCCMC will take care to ensure the quality and integrity of the reproduced artwork, you acknowledge that enlargements and slight variations to the image may result from adapting the original artwork to the large scale format required for exhibition presentation.
- SCCMC reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the competition and/or the voting process at any time without notice or further recourse to the Applicants or to voters.